Sunday Seven

Sunday, September 15, 2024

1️⃣ Love is sacrificial. Serving is sacrificial. Jesus demonstrated service when He washed the disciples’ feet. He encouraged the disciples to do the same. There is nothing glamorous about washing dirty extremities of the body. Humility is a must. Determination to obey out of love for God is needed. I don’t want to take service as to the Lord for granted. I want to consult my heart to be sure it is aligned with God’s word. 

2️⃣ I don’t have to agree politically with you to show you respect and kindness. My commitment is with the God of the Bible who commands me to love and pray for my enemies. The random person who doesn’t vote like me is not an enemy. They mostly think of themselves. It is okay to remove my self-imposed sense of exaggerated importance so I can wrap a towel around my waste as Jesus did in John 13. Jesus came to serve. He loved the world. I believe I should love in the same Biblical manner.

3️⃣ Sometimes I want vengeance yet God wants victory. Romans 12:19 is clear about this topic and I learned it in a practical manner when God called me to serve and gift those who were against me. Biblical Forgiveness was the foundation of this transformation. I’m free from the poison of unforgiveness. Thank God for the victory and reconciliation ensued. 

 4️⃣ God has a way of affirming the gifts He gave you. It doesn’t always happen at church. God sent a stranger to affirm me in a professional setting. I was undone. As I held my tears back, I thought, God is faithful and true. My life is for His service. 

 5️⃣ The Grace of God is available to us daily, not for the days we feel we deserve it. Pause and calmly think of it.

6️⃣ The assignment God gave you for this season is before you. Be unrelenting about fulfilling it. We run into problems when we try to do everything else instead of the things God called us to accomplish. 

 7️⃣ We have a little over 3 months til the end of the year. Start now. Take small steps to your goals. You can accomplish a lot if your attention is undivided. Attention and attendance go hand in hand.