Refuse to be defeated

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Hey friends! I hope you are well. I wanted to give you a life update with some fun pictures. 

I didn't think this Fall schedule would be this full but it certainly is. I am grateful to God for health, strength and purpose daily. Service to God means caring for the needs of my family. Even when kids grow up, I know they still need us to be available and we want to do just that. I'm still praying daily for wisdom and relying on God and my husband. Life as a family is a blessing and I am beyond grateful.   

I ran a 5K last weekend. It was for brain cancer research. This race took place in the Atlantic Station area of Atlanta. It was my second part participating. 
My goal was to finish the race, which I did. I was 5 seconds slower than last year. Way to be consistent. Ha ha!
My husband and I don't often workout together but when we do, it is highly enjoyable. We always took turns when the kids were little. When we moved to Georgia, he joined my beloved CrossFit gym but he got busy with work and decided to do something different. Before he joined the gym, several people were amazed that we didn't workout together. Every now and then I still get that question. I just say no and the conversation moves on from there. I workout with a lot of people whose spouses either do not workout or do something different. I want to say that most of the time, that is the norm. I think that as long as we are for each other, it doesn't matter what time we workout. 

I want to remind you that there are 12 weeks left in this great year. Let's work on reaching our goals! Refuse to be defeated!