Investing in the Fall

Monday, July 22, 2024

How can I invest in the Fall even before the summer ends? I can take the opportunity to do the following:

Plan my major Fall commitments. If I could summarize my major commitments, they would be school, holidays, and travel. I can look at my schedule and plan these commitments. Planning now will allow me to have the presence of mind to create small tasks that will lead me to a successful Fall.


Small Tasks. In a little over two weeks school will be back in session. One of the small tasks I've been worrying about all summer is back-to-school shopping. Every year I believe I will start working on all of this earlier. This year I gave myself a deadline to finish this task. I look forward to not being as worried and rushed as I am every year. We celebrate holidays every year, often in the same way. There isn't a strong reason not to have small tasks attached to the upcoming holidays. I know it will make life easier and my Fall schedule more pleasant.


A lot of organizations are recruiting in the Fall. Before that large wave of invites to volunteer reaches my inbox, I need to know what I can realistically do. My commitment to school, holidays, and travel should be on my calendar with the corresponding small tasks. No more should I sign up to volunteer without considering what will truly cost me.


How do you plan to invest in your Fall schedule before the summer ends?