Sunday Seven

Saturday, August 24, 2024

 Sunday Seven

  1. Barriers exist to stop us from proceeding to our goals. Instead of allowing them to block us, we can enable them to teach them how to become stronger as we proceed.
  2. Sometimes we want a change without changing. We want to be fit without fitness. We want to enjoy a healthy life apart from practicing healthy actions. Our willingness to change is the key to this dilemma. If we are not willing, we shouldn't admit it. If willing, we can take steps toward the change we want.
  3. Have GLP1 drugs set us free from gluttony? Are weekly injections the key to our lack of self-control? Have they become our safety from our inability to walk in the fruit of the Spirit? I hear some say that God led them to GLP1. I don't disagree. What I wonder is if these drugs are guaranteed to change the heart and soul as much as they are changing the body.
  4. It isn't easy to help people who do not want to be helped. I have agonized over my open hands, ready to work and collaborate only to see the backs of those I want to help. Nowadays, I accept and respect them. Acceptance is better than continually denying the reality of the situation. Respect is good and a great gift we give others and ourselves. It is good for others because they have the right to deny my help. It is for me because I reap what I sow. Either way, I will show respect.
  5. Rejoicing with those who rejoice is a good thing. It is both biblical and it enables us to see the content of our hearts. If jealousy is present, we can repent and ask God for help.
  6. Keeping in touch with my neighbors is a joy. We know we have our differences yet we focus on doing good and encouraging one another. I'm grateful for my neighbors and the kindness they show to my family. Loving our neighbors is what Jesus taught us to do. It is our choice to live what we believe.
  7. Being quiet can be a good thing. I always have a lot to say. This week, I was encouraged to pray more than I say. Silence was a tool that allowed me to surrender to God and His plan.