Actions

Friday, August 16, 2024

If you couldn't use your words to explain who you are to someone, what would they see? What if there were no cameras, editing equipment, and filters involved? Just unguarded you and your actions? What do your actions say about you? 

Proverbs 20:11 says that even small children are known by their actions. Their conduct is known by what they do. Have you taken account of what you do daily?

Taking account of our actions is an exercise of stewardship. God gave us gifts, talents, abilities, and opportunities. The best way to know if we are using our gifts is to take account of our actions. 

How do you take account of our actions? One way is to look at your daily schedule. What do you do when you wake up? How about after that? And after that? What do you do?

If you are not a fan of your schedule, you may want to think about your routines when you are not at work. 

Technology changed the way we act. It is not usual to wake up and go to sleep with the sights and sounds of digital devices. It is easy to measure how many hours we spend glued to screens. This too can be counted as an action. One of our actions can be described as "looks at the phone multiple hours per day. It is constantly interrupted by phone notifications." 

This exercise of stewardship is meant to make an assessment of our time management and redirect it toward God's purposes for our lives. 

You and I can live abundant lives if we periodically take account of our actions. 

Another good question is, who do I spend most of my time outside my immediate family? Are these people encouraging the best of me or influencing me to negate God's best for my life? 

If someone could watch my actions, would they see me nurturing others or tearing them down? Am I open to receiving praise and criticism or do I shut down when I receive words of growth and maturity?

I want to encourage you to take some time to think about your actions and make the necessary adjustments. We can no longer shy away from who God is calling us to be. Will you be brave and take account of your daily actions?