Summer Health Challenge Week 4

Friday, June 21, 2024

The summer health challenge is going strong! Even better now that it is officially summer! Week 4 of 10 was a week I continued to make adjustments. 

Just so you remember, my goal with the challenge is the following:

For 10 weeks (May 10 - July 29), I will:

Weigh/track/measure foods - I needed consistency in this area a year ago. I focused on it last Fall thanks to the Ranting Weight Watcher's community. I can say this is second nature right now, thank God! This past week I was meticulous with measuring and tracking during a family celebration. I baked a fresh strawberry cake and I measured it perfectly. It tasted amazing too! 
Stop eating after dinner - I'm part of the NEAD (no eating after dinner) group on Connect (WW's social media). There are people there who have over 700 days of NEAD. I struggled so much with this and I decided to give it my very best effort with this challenge. It hasn't been perfect but I am seeing great improvement.
Complete 50 workouts * - I've been focusing on going to CrossFit 5 days a week. I'm also keeping up with minimal mileage as far as running. 
Sleep at least 7 hours a night * - I was not expecting the summer to be so busy. I'm trying to get at least 7 hours if not more. 
Drink at least 40 oz water + electrolytes * - This habit is going well and the benefits are immense!

* Adapt these to your level of fitness, current needs

The unique thing about week 4 was the busyness of summer plus a family celebration. I am rejoicing because I took care of myself through it all. 

•  Listen to a Podcast episode here