So, What's Next?

Monday, October 13, 2008


"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Cor. 4:7

I give all glory to God for helping me to train and finish my first 5K. God was my greatest source, I could not have completed the race without him.

Zeke and I woke up early to go to the race. I ate breakfast and have a little devotional. The Lord led me to 2 Cor. 4:7, which was an awesome verse to meditate on. It brought me so many memories of the faithfulness of God to me.

Arriving at the race was interesting. We never event attended one just to watch it, so it was a whole new world. There were some familiar faces, a lot of people that go to the same gym as I do. People were very encouraging, that was pretty cool. I was the only Black woman running :) there were a few Native Americans and Hispanics there too.

Zeke was a great supporter throughout the race. What a great husband and friend he is!

I started the race on my own pace, I started kind of in the back so people wouldn't have to pass me all the time. When I started to get discouraged, one of the ladies running the 10K said 'you are doing so good.' I thought that was so great. Other friends running the 10K were a great source of encouragement too. One special friend was Marsha. Marsha led a workshop I hosted about women and health. She asked us to write down 5 things we wanted to accomplish. I wrote down 'run a 5K' and when I saw her at the race, I told her this was a dream come true. When she passed me, she said 'Let's go Cintia! I'm proud of you!' I thank God for Marsha. When I wrote down that goal I had no clue I'd really pursue it. God bless you my friend.

I was a little emotional at the start of the race but soon I had to focus on what I was doing. I kept thinking about Isaiah and saying 'I shall run and not be weary, I shall walk and not faint.'

As I finished the race, I lifted up my hands and I thanked God for giving me that opportunity.

As a child I never saw myself running, as an adult I never saw myself running while 10 weeks pregnant BUT God.

So what's next? I definately want to run another 5K, I just don't know when. I want to work on weight lifting at the gym, swimming and I might go back to the elliptical. I do love running, I'll work on that til I feel it's time to step back to walking.

Why did I want to run? It was a dream, it was a learning experience and I believe this will influence the life of my children.