Renewing my Mind

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I was a busy bee yesterday :) but this is what I'm working on today: 

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." Romans 12:1-2 (The Message)

"Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]." Romans 12: 2 (Amplified)

I believe God wants to bless us and our minds need to be renewed so we can receive from Him. If you don't think you deserve or qualify for a gift, you won't treasure it as much as you should. I want to treasure everything God wants to give me. What about you?
How do we renew our minds? As for me, I have to focus on what God says about my situation. It worked when it came to eating and exercising, it works for other areas in life. The Bible is a book full of seeds which are the mind of God for our life's diverse situations. We have to read it, meditate on it until our minds and actions reflect the Scriptures daily. We can do it through Christ who strengthen us. 
On another note, my husband has had a lot of success in making changes in his health. When i least expected he started making changes (nothing radical) and the results are amazing. This is another example for me that you can't change people, change needs to come from within otherwise it will not last. I'm very, very proud of my husband and I'm his greatest supporter during this time and always. My advice for anyone who has loved ones who need to change health habits is that you do not nag them. Do not make them do what you are doing, do not make them feel guilty. Pray for them, encourage them and let God be the initiator of a lasting change. 
Two more days of pregnancy (or less cause you never know!) and we are going to hold a beautiful baby! We have so much going on that sometimes I forget I will be a mother on mother's day! It will be my first one, with a brand new baby. My son is not gonna miss on most of the holidays here in the U.S., I think that's pretty cool for your first year of birth. Zeke's gonna be a dad on father's day. Two more holidays we will start celebrating as a family. That's exciting!
As always, keep me in your prayers!