Same Pants

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I was about to complain about the rain until I looked outside. There was a break, so I went out and put on 2.6 miles (147 calories burned). Why complain about the rain? The country needs rain first and foremost. I can go to the gym, I can do exercises at home, I can wait for a break or I can walk in the rain (how refreshing would that be?).

My weekend was blessed. We had a picnic at church but this time it wasn't as challenging as it has been before. I truly was there to support my husband (his jazz band was playing) and to fellowship. I waited until hundreds of people got their food because I was talking to folks. When I did get my food, I got all salads (yes). I stopped eating 3 times to talk to friends sitting elsewhere. I ate a peach/oatmeal/cinnamon dessert which was awesome and good for me ;) I thank God for giving me the ability to do well in picnics, cookouts, potlocks, etc. The more healing I receive, the less food is a major issue. I used to be horrified to go out with the fear of eating too much, now it's not a big deal at all. I go truly for the fellowship. Even if I don't get to eat, there are grocery stores all over, there are restaurants all over and I can always fix something good.

I thank God that we also cooked and cleaned during the weekend. The WHOLE house is clean. I feel like I can go on and enjoy the week (huge smile). My husband and I cooked a vegetarian pizza with TVP, garden spaghetti sauce, onions, mushrooms, bellpeppers and cheese. It was great. We were not stuffed and I decided that Pappa John's might have lost my business for good. It feels good to know exactly what's on your pizza.

You might be wondering about the scale deal... It's still on. I have less than a week to go. This has been an intersting experiment. On Saturday I get really tempted to weigh myself but it usually goes away. My deal was to get the scale out fo the throne. The scale does not dictate how my day will be. The scale does not dictate how successful I am. It takes a greater combination of tools. At the end of this experiment, the numbers will not determine success or failure. My ability to submit to God and work on exercise and food apart from the scale will be the true measures of success. I must confess I've never felt better. Stay posted.

My treat was delayed but not denied. I'm getting my pedi with friends (can it get any better?). I hope you are having a great beginning of the week. I don't know about you but I'm looking for more reasons not to complain but to be thankful to God.

My Goals for this week:

{1} To burn at least 3,000 calories; (2,853 to go!)
{2} To get protein and dairy daily in my diet.
{3} Focus on behavior change, not on the numbers on the scale. Haven't touched the scale for 15 days, 6 more to go.