Buy & Justify

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anything we buy we justify.” I heard Lisa Bevere saying that yesterday and I totally agree. We can justify every purchase we have at home. When it comes to healthy habits we can justify our actions or the lack of them also. Let’s say that buying means acquiring good health.
I can buy ‘daily workouts’ – I can justify getting out and working out because it’s going to give me resistance, heart health, lung health and an overall feeling of wellness.
I can buy ‘eating within my limits’ – I can justify it by saying that my body only needs so many calories to function and lose weight therefore gaining heath. I can be sure to eat delicious meals within my limits.
I can buy ‘relaxation’ – I can justify it by saying that stress and weight gain go hand by hand. Relaxing is a free, healthy way to combat stress and weight gain. My body needs to relax in healthy ways.
I can buy ‘meditation’ – I justify it by saying that a Christian woman meditates on the word of God day and night. She not only reads it but meditates on it. Joyce Meyer says that if you know how to worry you know how to meditate. What if I meditate, day and night, on God’s promises for me when it applies to my health and wellbeing? There would not be a lot of room left for negative self-talk.
What are some healthy things you can ‘buy’ and ‘justify’?